Anyways...we are leaving our sweet Hanoi home tomorrow morning bright and early and heading off to Halong Bay for a couple of days. Following Halong bay, the Hill tribes of Sapa are up on the itinerary.
But back to Hanoi, I think both Chris and I agree that we think Hanoi rates just a bit higher than our trip to HCMC. Maybe it is the fact that we have started to overcome the initial shock that we are definitely not in CA or WA anymore (which includes learning the uncanny ability to cross the street while motorbikes, cars and taxis are heading straight for you without batting an eye) or maybe it is just that we are feeling special since we saw a rare bebe tortoise in Hoan Kiem lake (the lake of the restored sword and golden tortoise). Either way, Hanoi, it's people, food and shops have definitely grown on me. Who doesn't want to wake up in a city where you can get free breakfast of chicken noodle soup (it warms the soul) shop away the day finding pirated DVD's, old tin tin posters and a silk scarf all under $15, followed by hanging out by the lake or cafe with a good book and/or good conversation.
I am starting to fall asleep at the computer so I think I should probably say good night...but before I go, here are a few pics of our time here. If any of you are interested...we also posted more pics on our photobucket account.
ps...I had to post that Lotus pic for the lotus love back home ;)
pps...thanks for all your comments, we love hearing what you all have to say and what's going on back home.
Lots of love,
Nat and Chris
Oh, how I love the blog!!! It is SO nice to hear what is going on with the two of you on a daily basis. I LOVE every single picture and the writing is marvelous....I can't wait for the next installment. Please stay safe on the cruisin' boat (no pirates!) and staying with the hill tribes (I am sure you will have some cool stories about that event). I will miss our skype calls for the next few days. Maggie misses hearing your voice on the computer too! 5 and one half days of school left.........
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about the beaches and the snorkeling. I wonder when you are going to see the monkeys. Maybe when I grow up I'll be able to travel the world like you two. Love you, Dad K
ReplyDeletenatalie and chris, really enjoyed your pictures of hanoi and the areas you guys visited, have fun with the hill people, it will be a great experience, thinking of you,keep the information coming, love, bob & marilyn
ReplyDelete