Search This Blog

Monday, May 24, 2010

The 2nd post

You may be wondering why this is called the 2nd post since its the only one you see on the page. Well Mr. Swanson has taken his sweet time writing the "1st post" and I'm too excited to wait for him to finish so I am writing "the 2nd".

We are coming up on 1 week before we take off from LAX with bags packed and lonely planets in hand. It is pretty much a waiting game now...shots: check, goofy looking hiking sandals: check, sunscreen and deet: check, planned itinerary that will most likely get all turned around when we get there: check. Not really looking forward to the 19 hour trip out there, but Chris bought travel scrabble so I guess we will be able to knock some hours out while I beat him at that. hehe jk.

I think one of the best parts about this trip is that we really have no idea what is in store for us. But we are going to try our best to update everyone with this blog during our travels. Chris bought a new SLR camera that he loooves and we will be putting that to good use to display the beautiful sites of SE asia. (the only picture I've seen so far from that camera is the beautiful site of his huge fat cat, volcano on the ground looking like she can't get up)

All in all, I can't wait to start this journey with Christopher Bob and share it with all of you!
lots of love :)
Nat

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great site! Good job Chris - It will be SO fun to follow you both around southeast Asia on your blog. I look forward to lots of pictures and adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie and Chris, Hope your flight went well and you are getting settled in to your first destination. What a wonderful trip and journey you're going to have during this summer of 2010. Let me know what the waves look like. Keep the blogs coming often.
    Dad/Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi chris and natalie, i am sure the flight went fast, since it was so short....keep us up to date,on your traveling adventures, will look forward to your blogs. bob/marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natalie & Chris, We are enjoying your blogs.
    What a far cry from the SEA I experienced during the Vietnam War. Wouldn't it be great if nobody came the next time we staged one of our endless wars! Be safe! Have fun! Pile up priceless memories. Love, Granddad Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nat and Chris, Great photos! Those tunnels look pretty spooky. That Pho looks yummy.

    TK

    ReplyDelete